Since 1959, Costume Holiday House has been committed to providing quality theatre costumes at affordable prices. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is dedicated to giving you and your cast clean, quality costumes that add the final touch in bringing your production to life.
There is no project too big or too small for us. Whether you need to costume an entire show or just a few costumes to add the finishing touches, Costume Holiday House will give you fast, dependable service that you can count on.
A member of the National Costumers Association, we are continually striving to expand our knowledge and keep on the cutting edge of the costume industry. With a full staff of seamstresses and designers, our stock of costumes is forever growing and expanding in order to fill every need. With 75,000+ costumes already in stock, Costume Holiday House is able to provide costumes for any situation or scenario.
On the web we offer everything you need to complete your order.
HOMEWORK (Prior to order)
- View our Costume Catalog by show for examples of what we have to offer.
- View the Top Ten Reasons To Rent Your Theatrical Costumes From CostumeHolidayHouse.com
- Read and Understand: Policy – Procedures – Prices.
- Place your order three weeks in advance from your costume arrival date. To avoid rush charges!
- Ben Nye & Mehron Kits Available!, every performer should have his/her own kit. Click here to order kits.
- Review Check out Our Theatre/Drama & Music Items, Great Gifts Ideas for that Performer and decide what is right for you.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU!
We cannot complete your order without all these forms.
- COMPLETED & SIGNED Contract
- Payment Method – Purchase Order from the schools only. Half down or credit card for all other orders.
- Circle needed costumes on plot or write on SEPARATE SHEET (include any specific needs with order).
- Complete all information and sizes on our Measurement form (have ONE person take all measurements -Preferably an Adult) Measurement Guide
Orders may be FAXED to: 419-334-7372 or Mailed to: Costume Holiday House, 3038 Hayes Ave., Fremont OH 43420 or emailed to Theatre@costumeholidayhouse.com
COSTUMES ARRIVE FRIDAY OR MONDAY
- Make sure all costumes and pieces are there.
- If anything is missing or does not fit – call immediately or email (email@example.com)
- We will ship replacement costumes out immediately
- Save boxes to ship back rentals (remember how costumes and hats are packaged, so you can package them the same way for the return shipment)
COSTUMES NOT USED
- Call us immediately or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), to state why they weren’t used.
- Send back before your show begins or you will be charged full rental price of costume.
BEFORE COSTUMES ARRIVE
- One person should be in charge of ordering the costumes. This is usually the director or costumer.
- A responsible, well-organized person should be chosen to supervise the actual use of the costumes. This may be the costumer or a wardrobe supervisor.
WHEN COSTUMES ARRIVE
- The costumer or wardrobe supervisor and staff unpack costumes and hang them on racks.
- The costumer’s packet, a bright yellow envelope, found with the shipped costumes is opened and read completely.
- The Director inspects the costumes to see that they are what they intended.
- The Costumer then checks each costume against the yellow tickets that were enclosed in the costumer’s packet to verify that each costume and all of its pieces have arrived. If a discrepancy is found, the costumer or director should call or email (email@example.com) so that corrections can be made.
- Costumes are assigned to actors as shipped. You may remove the identifying tickets and plastic bags and save for the return of the costumes.
- Have the actors try on their costumes. If there are any problems, please call IMMEDIATELY or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on the next business day. Replacement costumes will be sent ASAP.
DURING THE SHOW’S RUN
- At the end of each rehearsal and performance, each actor is expected to hang their costume and it’s accessories.
- Any repairs needed may be done according to the Care sheet included on the costumer’s packet.
RETURNING THE COSTUMES
- At the end of each run, the actor is expected to return the costume(s) on hanger to the costumer or wardrobe supervisor. It is recommended that the costumes be turned in and checked off immediately after the last performance (This discourages the temptation to keep a costume piece as a souvenir.) If a piece is missing, it is easier to find immediately after the show.
- As a costume is turned in on hanger, the original ticket should be replaced on the costume, the costume bagged, and then placed in its original shipping box. The boxes (when full and no pieces found missing) should be taped and placed in the same area that UPS dropped them off in.
- We prefer to use UPS Call Tags The UPS driver will have labels and come to where boxes were delivered to pick up. UPS will arrive as early as next business day after your show closes. If labels were provided on the bright yellow costumer’s packet, please stick the RS label over the previous on the box.
- UPS will show up the same place they delivered the boxes, with all the needed labels and attach them to the boxes unless labels were provided, stapled to the costumer’s packet.
- The boxes MUST be ready when UPS arrives. In the unlikely event, we must issue a second set of Call Tags to pick up boxes that were not ready for pick up, you will be charged for the 2nd set of Call Tags and an extra week of rental.
- UPS has three business attempts in which to pick up the costumes. If the costumes have not been picked up by Wednesday of the week of pick-up, please call us or email email@example.com ASAP and let us know
- Top Ten Reasons
- Info Packet (includes instructions, contract and measuring information)
- Ben Nye & Mehron Student & Pro Kits Available
- Top Ten Shows of 2019
- New Shows of 2019
- 2019 Budget Any Show
- Do-It-Yourself Costumes
- We Want You! Show Photos
- Theatrical & Music Gift Ideas
Theatrical Rental Policies
An inquiry is not an order. All orders are to be in writing (no phone orders), We need a signed contract, correct measurement forms and a copy of the purchase order with correct billing address. We only accept purchase orders from educational institutions. All other orders must have form of payment before costumes can be shipped. Be clear on what costumes you need, either circle on costume plot or write down specifics on costume worksheet. Please place orders at least (3) weeks in advance of your ship date. We will gladly accept orders via Fax (419) 334-7372, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail: Costume Holiday House 3038 Hayes Ave. Fremont, OH 43420. You will receive a confirmation of your order. Please order early!!!
Any order received (7) business days (M-F) or less before your ship date is 20% higher. * PLUS* You will be responsible for all shipping costs. Next Day, 2nd Day or 3 Day Select.
Any measurement over 48″ chest, waist or hips (male) or 44″ bust, waist or hips (female) is $8 extra per costume. Costumes will be sent to you altered & double checked to the measurements that were provided to us by you. Please call us immediately if there is a problem with a costume, we will be more than happy to work with you.
MEASURING & ALTERATIONS
Be sure all measurements are correct and complete (Do Not use conventional clothing sizes, Use ACTUAL measurements.). We cannot be responsible for ill-fitting garments if we are given incorrect measurements. Please follow measurement guide on measuring sheet. There is a $20.00 re-stocking charge on all costumes not used but returned BEFORE your first performance.
Costumes are cleaned and pressed in our own Laundry Facility after each use. Some touch-up pressing may be required due to shipping. Please do not clean our costumes.
DAMAGES & MISSING PIECES
Any damages made to our costumes will be charged the replacement value or the amount to fix the repair. Missing pieces will be charged replacement value of the item not returned. Excessive make-up on costumes will be charged 10% per costume. Please powder all make-up before wearing costumes and use a finishing spray like Ben Nye’s Final Seal or Mehron’s Barrier Spray. Click here to view makeup options
Credit Card Payments have 3% fee applied.
Due upon receipt of invoice. A one-half % per month (18% per annum) on all amounts over 30 days will be charged. (Schools are not exempt from this service charge.)
Prices are for a ONE-week rental period. Costumes will arrive on the Monday or Friday before your opening night and are to be returned or available for pick up the 1st business day after your last performance. 1/2 off second week, 1/4 off for each additional week.
All orders are shipped by U.P.S. All Shipping charges are to be paid by the customer.
We will schedule UPS to pick up the costumes the first working day following your last performance. Costumes must be on wire hangers and packed the same way they were shipped.
An additional 10% charge per costume will be billed to you if costumes are not hung on wire hangers and re-tagged with the proper Actor’s Identification Tag.
Please do not send back on plastic hangers.
Thank you for your inquiry on your upcoming production. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call, 419-334-3236 or email email@example.com